The Cruck Barn is thought to have been built at the same time as the 1469 house. Each pair of crucks was formed from a single oak trunk split down the middle. Each cruck was jointed and assembled on the ground and then raised into position and tied in with horizontal members.
In the nineteenth century this barn was used as an indoor riding school and acquired the name The Ride. The brick floor was laid in 1976 to a design by Lady Elizabeth Ashbrook.